Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Elder Joseph B Wirthlin



I was so sorry to hear that Elder Wirthlin has passed away. My condolences to Katie and her family. I remember the first time I met Elder Wirthlin was at Katie's farewell. Kathy introduced me and told him that I was taking the discussions. I remember he grabbed my hand looked me strait in the eyes and said "it won't be long". I feel very blessed that I had the opportunity to meet him and listen to him speak. He will definitely be missed.

4 comments:

Let the Good Times Roll said...

Annie - Spence and I remember that conversation clearly as well! I remember him staring straight into your soul, that was an awesome memory, and how neat for you to have had that personal experience with one of the Lord's apostles!

The Lambs said...

I'm so glad you were able to get up there to Philly. I didn't know that story about you with Elder Wirthlin- what a cool experience. Have you guys been to the NYC temple lately? Get Ryan to take you out on a date there for a belated birthday date- it's so pretty! And happy birthday to you!!!!

Katie M. said...

I'd totally forgotten about that story, Annie! That's so neat. I guess that light was just shining so bright in your face it was hard to deny it!! (and the light is still shining:))

Much love.

Nicole M said...

I was so sad to hear this news too! He will be so missed. What a neat story about how you met him and what he said to you. I never heard that, and I love it. Hope you guys are doing well.