Sunday, January 2, 2011

New Year and another try at Blogging

I promise Michael Jackson's death wasn't so tragic that we couldn't recover and I stopped blogging. I just lost the motivation but I'm going to try again. I really want to post good ideas I find while surfing the internet so that I don't forget. Although it's only January 2nd, we've already had a fun and busy new year. We celebrated New Year's eve with Ty and Erika. We went to dinner, a movie, did the Tim Tam Slam and watched the ball drop. I will have to wait for Erika to post the one picture we took so I can use it here.


Tim Tam Slam instructions:
1. Have your hot chocolate ready in front of you.
2. Then bite off a small corner from opposite ends of the Tim Tam.
3. Place one bitten end of the Tim Tam in your mouth and dip the other bitten end in the hot drink.
4. Now suck. Use the Tim Tam as a straw. As the hot drink is pulled through the biscuit, the structure of the biscuit and cream collapses.
5. Once you sense the drink on your tongue, pop the whole Tim Tam in your mouth before it explodes.
I thought this was a fun little activity and I'm thinking about making it a Christmas or New Year's tradition.

On Saturday we went to CPK with Ryan's high school friends and got to catch up with a few that were in town for the holidays that we hadn't seen for awhile.

Today we went to our cute nephew's baby blessing. He is such a darling little guy and he was given a very nice blessing.

Tomorrow the Bachelor starts again and both Ryan and I are very excited. Hopefully he picks someone this time around.

1 comment:

Copinga's said...

Yay!! I'm so glad your back into blogging! I'm going to try and be better too! I love seeing your cute ideas. Thanks again for coming today.